No excuses why Mama has been MIA for the past two weeks but really, it can be chalked up to life just living. However Mama has learned a lot in the last few days that can be summed up in a perfect top ten list. Hold your hats…because here we go…!
1. Mama is more like Maggie Gyllenhall in Won’t Back Down than one originally thought. Having a safe, pleasant and respectful learning environment for Mama’s kids is number one and education – well, that actually is number two on Mama’s list because you can get an amazing education at some very top-rated public schools all around the U.S.. It’s amazing that we live in a world where children think it’s okay to talk disrespectfully to adults, bully their schoolmates that are different from them and that adults simply sit by and let it happen. Shocking but true. Don’t sit back and let it happen – time to start a Coup d’etat parents and let your voices be heard. Don’t let your family be a victim before you do something. It’s more of a shock and awe moment for Mama because this has been happening since the beginning of time but for some reason, it doesn’t affect you until it does. Oh, and check out the movie — highly recommend it.
2. Mama has finally found the perfect jeans and they are under $75. Perfect for Mamas that like a sexy jean without the whale tail, try Gap’s 1969 Stiletto Jean, $69.95. The waist is not so high that you’re channeling Jessica Simpson’s on-stage fashion disaster but not so low that your afraid to bend down and pick up that sippy cup and the slight flare at the bottom is flattering on every height. Seriously IN LOVE with these jeans!!
3. Mama’s new favorite hiding spot is in the bathroom with the iPad playing Candy Crush. Life has changed since Mama’s children found this game…ugh…now to get to level 55.
4. Navy looks good on everyone!! Mama is totally inspired by the new Great Gatsby movie coming out this summer so why not have a dress that is reminiscent of the era as well, Pim + Larkin Gatsby Dropwaist Dress, $79, is just what you need for a casual or dressed up look.
5. Wrapping yourself in saran wrap is not as easy as it looks and you can lose inches doing it (more on that on Monday)…
6. The world wasn’t ready for an American Pope but we’re getting close…perhaps in the next 100 years. Although it was quite nice to watch another moment in history on the TV.
7. J.T. now rules the world with Jay Z and Bey coming in a close second. On another note, Bey’s new song…great way to get people talking about the album. Let my kids rock out to that song? Nope. Keep it clean Bey — you’re a Mama now.
8. Kids are still obsessed with poop, farts and anything resembling a toilet. Why? Who knows but Mama has learned to laugh with them.
9. It has been more Pinterest fails that successes these days. Plus, does anyone really want to see your pinned birthing video? NOT REALLY! Let’s stick to recipes, crafts and decorating ideas people.
10. Is it spring break time yet?
Happy Weekend Mamas!! XOXO