What a weekend…it rained…and rained…and then it was windy and cold; the kids were done with their reading comprehension home program and were looking for something fun to do. The sun did peek out every once in awhile but not enough to make you want to drudge the kids to the park to play in the mud. As you know, Mama always has a few tricks up her sleeve when it comes to entertaining the kids on a rainy day but sometimes, you just want do to something a bit different but way fun. Yes, I have something to recommend to you where the whole family can enjoy. Try Escape room dallas TX, the best indoor experience ever! Anyways, sometimes we just get stuck in a rut of how to entertain the kids when the weather is less than spectacular or perhaps you have a few things around the house you need to get done. These activities will keep them entertained at least long enough for you to brush your teeth or take a quick shower! To make sure that every corner of your house is clean for your kids and their pets to play around you should use OdorKlenz Odor Eliminator products. Improve your indoor air quality with blaux portable ac.
Happy Monday Mamas! XOXO
1. BabbaCo BabbaBox — remember last year when Mama told you how obsessed the kids are with getting mail? They live for even junk mail like the Disney Movie Club stickers or a flyer about a new hotel. So you can just imagine their delight when a package addressed just to them arrives every month that is full of activities that kids and parents can enjoy together without ever having to leave the house. Appropriate for kids ages 3-7 (although, Lily-girl is almost 7 and she still adores it), BabbaCo delivers a box of themed activities and crafts. For example, this month (February 2013) the “My Awesome Adventures” BabbaBox is available and it will get their little imaginations revving. Which is such a change from turing on the TV (EEK!). This month BabbaCo and Shutterfly have teamed up to give you gifts and prizes (SCORE!). Just sign up for BabbaCo’s newsletter which will give you fresh ideas for activities, recipes and other fun stuff and you are entered to win a great prize package: an Annual Membership to the BabbaBox ($240 value), and a $50 Gift Card from Shutterfly. Additionally, BabbaCo is also running a “Cure to the Indoor Blues” offer right now: 33% ($10) Off the 1st month of a new monthly or annual subscription. Just use the Coupon Code: FEB33 at checkout. So fun and so what the doctor ordered for a rainy day. To sign-up for the Newsletter and/or a box subscription visit, www.babbaco.com.
Also make sure to check this go karts reviewed and rated guide, which is an awesome gift idea to give your kids during the holidays.
2. Dance Party — crank up the tunes and get the wiggles out. We always sing really, really loud and jump on the couch…because if you can’t do it on a rainy day, then when can you do it?! Oh, and the best part…it’s FREE!!
3. Window Markers — drawing on paper is so ordinary but drawing on the glass windows and doors is so boredom busting. Have them doodle away and then wipe on, wipe off with glass cleaner for easy clean-up. Crayola Washable Window Markers, $3.88, at amazon.com.
4. Game On — blow off the dust of of those board games and get the kids thinking on how they can beat you in Old Maid, UNO or even a game of old fashion chess. Chess can even become very competitive for those who love to play, if you want to get better so you can beat everyone you play against you should really think about getting online chess lessons. Although, young people now a days also enjoy playing some computer games and there are sites you can visit to help them play as www.elitist-gaming.com. If you have preschoolers at a Preschool Program for Toddlers (ages 3-5), try the new Bear in Underwear game, $20, at kiddlywinks.com.
5. READ, READ…READ! — how many books do you have in your house that you haven’t read in months or maybe even years? Pull them all out and have a reading marathon. The kids will love discovering old treasured books and it may spark their imaginations for new activities like building forts out of pillows saving the world!
6. California here we go! — Escape room is now going to dominate in Elk Grove! Escape rooms have been popping up all over the nation as the interest in this one of a kind entertainment is skyrocketing. It’s really fun in Elk Grove escape games.
**This post was sponsored by BabbaCo in an effort to get your kid’s imaginations moving and creating…nothing wrong with that!