Thanks to L’Oreal for sponsoring my post about my favorite beauty looks, tips and tricks! Check out Makeup.com for beauty advice from the experts.
Why hello there friends…yesterday it was announced that the top selling album of the year was (to no-one’s surprise) ADELE. She’s so talented and she has a retro beauty that people are dying to copy. Mama is one of them. Her sultry, smokey eyed look is one that has Mama has long wanted to copy and now is a great time. WHY? Well it is the holiday season and even though Mama is still in the post-partum stage, it doesn’t mean you can’t put on a little eye make-up! While she’s not your typical rock star beauty, she is every bit the English Rose and her voice shines through to the highest and lowest octave while she showcases awesome eye make-up. Learn more about the benefits of under-eye fillers with the use of botox treatments such as botox injections to see if it can help you or maybe even some dermal fillers. Smell great with one of these affordable perfume dupes.
Another great reason…it’s always funny to hear the neighbor tell Mama, “You look different. Did you get a haircut?”
Which we all know is code for…“Did you actually brush and blowdry your hair this morning?! Oh and you have make-up on — what’s the special occasion?!”
There is no special occasion, just wanted to show off a few new make-up tricks…you know, once upon a time Mama was the go-to girl for getting make-up done by sorority friends, neighbors and girlfriends. Oh yes, Mama had quite the make-up collection and was a pro at doing it. Now those days are gone but it’s still fun to play beauty shop every once and awhile…so here we go to copying ADELE’s pretty, retro, sultry smokey eyed look.
Mama top tips and products:
- Use a light foundation and matte powder all over including your eyes to create a base. Mama prefers to use L’Oreal True Match Super Blendable Make-up, $9 — it makes the prefect base. Once blended, use a light translucent powder like Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder, $34.
- Mama prefers to use a complete collection rather than individual shadows because it’s just easier (all about fast and easy) so Mama recommends the Too Faced Smokey Eye Shadow Collection, $36, for this project. However if you do want to go for individual shadows make sure you have a light, neutral base with hints of gold, a shimmery bronze or brown for highlights and a matte black or navy for lining. It sounds weird but once you combine and blend them — it looks HAUTE!
- Apply your base shadow from your eyelash extensions to the eyebrow — go over at least three times to get a nice complete base. Next blend your highlight shadow from the inside of your eye to mid-eye in the crease. BLEND really well. Take your liner and line your eye and blend up to create a thicker line than you normally would. Believe Mama…it looks heavenly! If you’re afraid of it being too dark, go easy at first as you can always darken but it’s harder to lighten!
- Make sure your make-up brushes are clean — you should be washing and sanitizing them every six weeks in warm soapy water. Rinse well to get off all the soap. Pink eye is the worst!
- Blush them apples! But not TOO much. Adele naturally has pink undertones so her blush lightly plays them up. Pick a light pink blush and do one or two sweeps and blend. You don’t want to look like Bozo the clown (hee, hee). Mama recommends Maison Lancome Powder Blush, $40 — it works on every skin tone because of the different colors it blends together.
- The key to making the look work altogether is the lips. They are very neutral compared to the eyes. Use a lip color that blends with your skin tone and lips and then add a gloss over if its a matte. Mama recommends using a lipglass that’s all in one like, MAC Lipglass in Varnessh, $14.50.
- To complete the look…go for false eyelashes! Yes, just do it and never regret it. Try Make Up For Ever Eyelashes, $15, pick your color and your style and love the look.
- Here’s how Mama’s eye turned out — remember, Mama is fair so yours could look much, much darker!
I was selected for this sponsorship by the Clever Girls Collective. Click here to learn more about Makeup.com or become a Facebook fan by clicking here.