Mama spent some quality time this morning with the news crew at KUSI-TV and shared a few of her favorite Easter crafts, egg dying tips and non-candy Easter Basket Filler ideas.
What are you looking forward to this Easter holiday?
- Kits are available for $1.99 and up depending on how you want extravagant you want to get. Check Target, Michaels and the local grocery store.
- To make your own Easter Egg Dye:
- Trail mix, yogurt raisins and animal crackers are great basket items that aren’t candy.
- Spring garden items like gloves, mini shovels, water cans, pots, and planter sets are available in the $1 section of Michael’s and Target right now , they are also available at The Happy Gardeners for better quality– great for kids that show an interest in helping to plant spring flowers or grow their own veggies.
- Puzzles, books, CDs and using a crossword puzzle maker to match your child’s interest are all great budget-friendly items to fill the basket.
- Mama likes to add fun items that they actually need like socks, barrettes, and toothbrushes.